Monday, October 31, 2016 – The Monday After Saturday College Football Awards – Trick or Treat!
College football on Saturday was indeed trick or treat. Some teams got the treat while others got the trick. The college football playoffs begins to heat up. Let’s begin.
With all due respect to Jimmy Fallon and his Friday night Thank You Notes –
The Thank You Note Awards go to:
- Thank you, Texas, for beating Baylor 34 to 35 to knock the Bears out of The AP Top Ten, the possibility of a Baylor/Texas A&M Bowl game, and playoff possibilities. Hook ‘Em Hippies! To you Baylor, Aggies truly understand your feelings watching the Horn-kicked football split the uprights during the last seconds.
- Thank you, Auburn, for beating the stuffing out of Ole Miss and giving the Rebels a second SEC West loss and making the Texas A&M/Ole Miss game exciting.
- Thank you Wyoming, for beating Boise State 30 to 28 ensuring we will not have to look at the seizure blue field of Boise State on TV.
- Thank you Tortilla Tech for beating TCU 27 to 24 in double OT. Because it is Halloween, Tortilla Tech is awarded The One-Eyed; one-horned flying purple people eater award for sending the Frogs out of contention.
- Thank you Oklahoma State for beating West Virginia 37 to 20 and keeping a shred of dignity and possibility of winning the Small 12 Conference.
Next we have the Slip and Slide Away Awards. This award is presented to teams who had victory escape from them in the closing moments of the game. In addition all of these teams receive a Poopy Undies Award. Moving down field the Slip and Slide Away and Poopy Undies Awards are presented to:
- Michigan 32 Michigan State 23
- Louisville 32 Virginia 25
- Ohio State 24 Northwestern 20
- Washington 34 Utah 24
- Wisconsin 23 Nebraska 17
- Clemson 37 Florida State 34
In the SEC Alabama beat Bye Week University and LSU was victorious over Bye University @ Baton Rouge. Wonder what will happen this Saturday.
The final award today goes to The Best Football Team in the state of Texas – The Fighting Texas Aggies! The Aggies of Texas A&M beat the Aggies of New Mexico State 52 to 10 causing national sports announcers to say things like:
“Texas A&M is a bona fide National Playoff Contender.”
It is Halloween and statements like that scare me to pieces. Happy Halloween.
Gig ‘Em Aggies and BTHO Mississippi State.
As the wife of a long-suffering and rather elderly MS State player of yore, I resemble that remark! But, I don’t really think you have much to worry about 😦
LikeLiked by 1 person
Did not know Big Solid was MS State player. Anybody, but the
Aggies and I would be GO BULLDOGS. Love DAK though!