Tuesday, September 4, 2018 – Your Fashion Police Service Announcement
I am a graduate of the Austin, Texas Citizens Police Academy and a graduate of the State Office Workers Fashion Police Academy- SOWFPA.
This little known organization, SOWFPA, conducts evaluations at various conferences and gatherings throughout the year and pretty much everywhere else there are people wearing clothes. There are certain categories, including, but not limited to, the following:
- Best use of fabric originally designed as upholstery,
- Best use of wild patterns and/or colors on blouses and shirts for seizure inducing episodes,
- Best floral arrangement displayed on a fabric,
- Best use of fabric designed after a wild animal,
- Best use of evening wear in a day time setting,
- Best cocktail ensemble in a day time setting,
- Best use of leather and not riding a motorcycle,
- Best use of polyesters, and
- Best thing on your head whatever it may be – hat, wig, extensions, beads, ribbons, bows, tiaras, feathers, glitter, etc.
Here’s what I’m thinking. Given my extensive experience in fashion evaluation, I am more than qualified to provide this fashion public service announcement. Ready?
Today is the day after Labor Day. That means NO white clothing should be worn. It is a well-known rule in the South known by all Southern Ladies that one does not wear white shoes, white pants, white, cropped pants, white shorts or white dresses until Easter. 2019. If I see you wearing white, it will be necessary to report you to the Fashion Police of Your Career.
This message was brought to you today by someone who wore their gym shorts, T-shirt and baseball cap to the grocery store this morning.