Friday, October 17, 2019 – A Snarky Friday Drinking Game
Are you ready?
Hell Yeah. Damn right!
Hotty Toddy, Gosh Almighty
Who the Hell are we?
Bim Bam Flim Flam
Ole Miss by damn.
Since Texas A&M is travelling to Oxford to play the Ole Miss, today we snark with a toddy drinking game. Grab your favorite beverage and play along. For each incorrect answer, you must take a shot.
What is the name of the mascot for each college football team listed below?
Let us begin with a few easy ones. For example:
Texas A&M – Reveille
THE University of Texas – Bevo
Remember. Name the mascot; not the team.
- Alabama – Big Al. It is the name of the anthropomorphic (dressed up college student) elephant. The homecoming queen used to ride in on an elephant. Some traditions need to be brought back. Drink up.
- Georgia – UGA the bulldog. A very cool, live mascot, but drools.
- LSU – Mike, the Tiger. How could you not know this? One of the most beautiful live mascots in football.
- Mississippi State – Bully the bulldog. Very cool live mascot. Does he wear a cowbell around his neck?
LSU at Mississippi State at 2:30 on CBS.
- Arkansas – Tusk. Big ugly, black hog.
- Auburn – Aubie the Tiger. Anthropomorphic, fake Tiger. Aubie? What is the war eagle’s name? AubieBird? You didn’t know either one of those. Drink!
Auburn at Arkansas 11:00 SEC
- Florida – Albert and Alberta Gator. Drink up. I know you did not know this one. I think they should be Mr. and Mrs. Choppers. Albert and Alberta are kinda cute anthropomorphic critters if you are into mascots that can kill you.
Florida at South Carolina at 11:00 on ESPN
Think you are doing well? Let’s move on. Hic!
- Ole Miss – Tony the Land Shark. Drink up. You know you said Rebels. Tony the Land Shark became the Ole Miss mascot in August of 2018. It has to do with a former Ole Miss player who was an Iraqi veteran. I have no idea why it is a shark, especially since Oxford is almost in Tennessee.
Texas A&M at Ole Miss at 6:30 on SEC.
- Tennessee – Smokey. A coon hound, but I’m sure he Volunteers for the honor.
Tennessee at Alabama 8:00 ESPN.
- Vanderbilt – Mr. Commodore. Really? Just Mr. Commodore? Not even Cornelius or Gloria? Maybe Stingy Railroad Tycoon was already taken.
- Baylor – Judge Joy and Judge Lady. Did you know that in 1914 the choice of mascots was between “Bears” and “Bookworms? “In 1974, the student body voted to name all the bears “Judge” followed by a surname in honor of the university’s namesake, Judge R.E.B. Baylor. Baylor’s current mascots are “Joy,” named in honor of the wife of President Emeritus (and former Chancellor) Herbert H. Reynolds, and the newest mascot, “Lady” named after Sue Sloan, wife of then-President Dr. Robert B. Sloan Jr.
- Oklahoma State –Pistol Pete. But did you know that Bullet is the name of the black quarter horse ridden prior to OSU home games?
Oklahoma State and Baylor 3:00 on Fox
- Kansas – Big Jay. Sounds like a rapper.
Kansas at THE University of Texas at 6:00 on LHN.
- OU – Boomer and Sooner. I think they are anthropomorphic horses.
OU and WVa at 11:00 on Fox
- SMU – Peruna. Not a fake horse. The horse was named after a popular patent medicine made up of 18 % alcohol.
- Texas Tech – The Masked Rider. I really think Tech should rethink the mascot thing. Red Raider, Masked Rider with Guns Up is a no. The Texas Tech Flying Tortillas has potential.
- Ohio State – Brutus Buckey. But if you said Pot Leaves Helmet, at this point in the game, we’ll take it. Drink.
- And last and least – Notre Dame – Leprechaun. Leprechaun? Saints preserve us. No name. Not even a Mr. Leprechaun? Not even a Saint Patrick? Or a Muffet? Just Leprechaun? If ND is the Fighting Irish, I think the mascot should be named the IRA or Sinn Fein. Just saying.
RL? Did you know those gold, faux halo helmets of ND are really painted with gold? 23/9 karat gold flake in the paint of every helmet. Sounds flakey to me.
How many drinks did you take? Can you say anthropomorphic?
BTHO OLE MISS
GO ASTROS! BRING IT!