Friday, August 19, 2016 – Snarky Friday –Only Fifteen More Days
For you new readers, during the fall Snarky Friday is my preview of Saturday’s college football games. Since we are still 15 days away from kick off, I do not want to jump off sides and begin football snark until later this month.
Therefore today the snarks are random.
- From the Olympics – Looks like the US swimmers peed in the pool by getting robbed, not getting robbed; telling lies, being detained by the government and causing a general embarrassment to us all. Was Johnny Manziel with you?
- From the news – Where is your chaos? This is not a philosophical or existentialist question. In listening to the TV news, the reporter said, “During the shootings, one woman was shot in the chaos.” I have yet to find an image of my chaos on Google Images.
- From politics – Donald Trump is going to do away with shredded cheese in order to make America grate again. Also overheard is that if elected he plans to forbid pole vaulting along the Mexican border. On the other side of the political spectrum, just fill in the blank with your own adjectives. God help us all.
- From entertainment – Five Major Things you can expect to see in Fifty Shades Freed. There is another Fifty-Shades of Gray movie! Please say no. It took me 50 shots of Grey Goose to read all three books of this crap. I kept thinking I would find something redeemable. Five major things you can expect to see – 1. Me 2. Me 3. Me 4. Me and 5. Me NOT at the movies.
- From College Football – Fifteen Days until Kick-Off – BTHO UCLA.
PS – Note to Longhorns! Please do not let Texas Tech win the last of the Big 12 Conference. It is bad enough when OU wins. Hook ‘Em Hippies!