Monday, April 30, 2018 – Goat Yoga Needs Love Too
Music for goat yoga – … Goat yoga needs love too and it’s up against the wall redneck yoga; yoga we have learned to love so well…
I know I have written about goat yoga before. It is a yoga done where a small goat stands on your back or other body part. Now it has arrived in the Brazos Valley. At least for one day, goat yoga was at Blackwater Draw Brewing Company. Yoga at a bar is good. Yoga with a goat in a bar is not so good.
Here are some quotes from Rachel Henson Goat Yoga owner from Houston.
- The classes are about an hour and include 15 minutes for getting to know your goat.
- Who doesn’t like to just hold a five pound baby goat that’s just super cute?
- Any time your backside or your stomach is open toward the goats they’re going to jump on you.
Here’s what I’m thinking.
- What is the protocol for getting to know your goat?
- Me: “Hello, Goat.”
- Goat: “Hi, I’m Billy and I will be your goat in yoga today? What muscles do you want me to put my goat feet on?
- At least when you hold kettle balls and weights they will not tinkle on you or leave goat fibers on your spandex yoga suit. You do not have to feed or clean up after the kettle balls or weights either.
- I have a cat that jumps on my backside and/or my stomach so I do not need a goat. Of course the cat usually jumps on my backside at 3:00 AM to wake me up and let me know she is going to sleep in the bed with me. She wakes me up again at 3:30 to let me know she is not going to sleep in the bed.
I am not sure when the Goat Yoga Lady will be back in the BV I am certain I will be out of town that day. However, if find you Zen with a goat in goat yoga, then buy your own goat and be happy. As for me, I’ll stay with the cat.
And KB, if you are reading this, Just say NO to Goats!
Original goat yoga article on KAGS news.