Thursday, July 28, 2016 – Henry’s Hideout – Texas
“I know a place where we can go…” Just off of FM 1774 where Montgomery, Grimes and Waller Counties come together is Henry’s Hideout. I have devised a quiz for you regarding this place. Henry’s definitely deserves a historical marker – even if it a personal, coming of age type marker. Growing up in Magnolia, I was forbidden to even drive by the place.
Give yourself one point for each answer you answer with “YES.”
- Have you ever been there?
- Have you ever had a cold beer there?
- Have you ever had a cold beer AND a barbeque sandwich there?
- Do you know what Henry’s last name was?
- Have you ever danced a two-step and Cotton Eyed Joe in the dancehall there?
- Have you ever participated, witnessed or broken up a fight there?
- Have you ever played in a band there?
- Have you ever sung on stage with the band there – whether you were supposed to or not?
- Have you ever celebrated Genevieve’s birthday there?
- Would you like to be there now?
If you said NO to the first question, you should plan a trip. If you answered YES to the first question I would love to hear your stories.
Many of you should not lie and say NO because I was with you when we did numbers two through nine. I wish we could do number 10 together today. Thank goodness there were no digital cameras or phones. Oh, I scored a perfect 10.