9088888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888 – Get off of the keyboard, Peach.
Tuesday, March 13, 2018 – March Madness and Bracket Racket
Everybody Dance Now! The Madness of March is upon us and brackets are filled with teams headed to The Big Dance. I must hurry to complete my bracket on the men’s side. The games start tonight. Here are a few of my favorite teams this year.
Since these teams will not last long I hope they enjoy while they are there with their locations and mascots.
- UMBC – University of Maryland Baltimore County – Retrievers with a mascot named True Grit
- UNCG – University of North Carolina at Greensboro – Spartans
- LIU Brooklyn – Long Island University Brooklyn – Blackbirds
- Radford – Radford Virginia – Highlanders
- Lipscomb – Nashville Tennessee, Lu the Bison
Then the big boys begin on Friday. My favorites are:
- Any team that plays Texas Tech starting with Stephen F. Austin in Dallas on Friday. Give ‘Em the Ax, Jacks. But Beware the Ides of March.
- The Texas Aggies – the outcome depends on which team shows up l.or who gets suspended for stupidity. The Aggies play the Providence Friars. BTHO the Friars.
Four teams will get the opportunity to spend an April Easter in San Antonio. If you are not watching Charles Barkley and friends’ commercials about Texas you are missing a good laugh.
On the women’s side my favorite teams are
Any team that plays UConn. Actually, I think UConn should be a number 16 seed on the men’s side.
Any team that plays Louisville. Whoa! Could there be an opportunity for Baylor to pay back from a time before?
Any team that plays Notre Dame. Muffet, you are going to have long dance with only six players. You will indeed need the Luck of the Irish.
Princeton – I like to listen to the announcers during Princeton game. It goes something like this: “Mary is a 6 foot junior forward from Chicago. She is a Merit scholar with a double major in biochemical engineering and cybersecurity with minors in Russian and American history. She speaks French, Spanish and Russian.”
The Aggie Women open Friday with Drake. I wonder if they will play Drake music while they warm up. As with the Aggie men, it will depend on which team shows up to play as to how deep into the dance we go.
I have no clue who will win the man’s Championship. On the women’s side – Mississippi State – THIS IS YOUR YEAR! Look for the Bulldogs in Columbus Ohio on Easter Sunday. TY6szzzzzz6yyyyyyyyy – Stop it Peach.
Completed brackets tomorrow. Let’s go Radford.
I think this means Peach is picking Xavier on the men’s bracket.