Monday, May 07, 2018 – It May All Happen in May
I am getting bad about not posting something Monday through Friday. There is either too much to think about or lack of interest or thoughts regarding the world. This is also known as “It’s not football season.”
Therefore we must live with what we have at the moment. Here are some May happenings that might be written about later.
We have the Royal Wedding. My invitation has not yet arrived, but if I can’t wear shorts, T-Shirt and tennis shoes, I’m not going. Nor am I getting up to watch it in the wee hours of the morning.
Other wedding news includes the nuptials of Dr. Amy Farrah Fowler and Dr. Sheldon Cooper from The Big Bang Theory. I so hope she wears the tiara. I plan to wear mine for the ceremony.
Also coming up in May we have athletic events.
- NBA playoffs. GO ROCKETS!
- College World Series – Not seeing the Aggies in Omaha this year.
- College Softball World Series – My gracious those are some big boned gals on the pitching mound surrounded by eight little skinny ones who run like the wind.
- World Cup Soccer – I do not give a kick about that.
- Of course the Astros, but they are just getting started. It is a long, hot summer until September and October.
- We also have another graduate in the family. Gniece #4 will graduate from law school. Her wish is to have only her immediate family attend. I like that. As I told her, “in the grand scheme of life, it’s just another gathering where you wear a gown/robe and board with strings on the side as a hat.”
Maybe I’ll wear my board with strings hat to the weddings.