Monday, August 10, 2015 – You’ve Got to Be a Football Hero
The college football teams have reported for practice. The countdown to kick off begins.
Here is Thelma Watson and Her All Girl Orchestra from 1933 to start the celebration.
Nothing says college football better than a Lawrence Welk looking guy playing the accordion. Wonnerful! Wonnerful! But back to Thelma – I am pretty sure Benny Goodman never wore a bikini top showing his mid drift, and a slinky, Latin looking skirt. Not really sure what Thelma is directing, but I do like her spirit. I think she got her Whip/Nae Nae dance going on.
As you know Here’s What I’m Thinking is about college football. Here are the rules:
I write about college football teams that I like and teams that play teams that I like. So that means these are the teams that I like:
- The Fighting Texas Aggies
- All of the teams in the SEC in this order:
- All of the rest of the SEC
- Big 12 in this order:
- Tied for 1. – Baylor and Oklahoma State
- The University of Texas
- TCU – Unconfirmed rumor – TCU band has added the following song to its playlist – “ Froggie Won A Heisman, he did win, uh, huh, uh, huh…”
- Texas Tech
- Teams in The Big 12 that I wish were not in The Big 12
- Kansas – I thought you played basketball
- Kansas State
- West Virginia
- Iowa State
Tomorrow, there will be pictures of why I love college football. But for now here is one of the reasons.
You were indeed a football hero, Mr. Frank Gifford. RIP.
“Turn out the lights, the party’s over.” Don Meredith.