Wednesday, November 21, 2018 – Be Thankful
If you have not chopped off your turkey’s head, plucked the feathers and taken out the guts, then you better get busy. Tomorrow is the Thanksgiving.
I am putting together my Thanksgiving Playlist to play while we have Thanksgiving dinner. Here is what I have so far.
- Over the river and through the woods to Grandmother’s house we go…
- We gather together to ask the Lord’s blessings…
- Yes, it’s all right cause it’s midnight and I got two more bottles of wine…
- Hullabaloo, Caneck, Caneck…
I really like to sing Aggie War Hymn around a table of Aggies. When we do the sway, you get to eat off each other’s plates.
Of the many things for I am thankful, I am thankful that people actually read this daily brain dump. The purpose is to make you laugh or smile. I actually have a PhD and can use three and four syllable words with proper articulation and enunciation. I can conduct statistical and observational research and draw valid conclusions, but people seem to like it better when I dress up like a Christmas tree.
I even have a tribute poem. Thank you Jayne Ann for such a lovely tree tribute from Crazy Cousin Anonymous. Perhaps I shall do a dramatic reading of it at my Thanksgiving.
While we try to live by the Honeyboy Rules of Life every day, on Thanksgiving we are reminded. Here they are:
- Tell at least one person every day that you appreciate them or love them.
- Whatever it is, if you have faith, it will all work out.
- Remember, there is always lots to be thankful for.
I hope your day is filled with love, food, family, friendship, football and all of the things for which we give thanks.
Here is a real Thanksgiving song, Blessed, by the great Martina McBride.
Remember the Origin of your blessings.