Super Tuesday, March 1, 2016 – VOTE! March Comes in Like a Lion and Goes Out Like a Lamb. VOTE! Let the Madness Begin.
We shall leave the political March madness and let it continue to run amok on its own social media course. Now, it is time for March Madness – COLLEGE BASKETBALL!!!
Get ready because I follow both men’s and women’s Division I NCAA college basketball. For the sports impaired – this is the sport with the big, round, brown ball that one bounces and tries to put through the tall pole with hoop attached to a net. Players wear uniforms that resemble underwear.
Here’s What I’m Thinking will be your handy guide to the bazillion DI college basketball games about to be played across the Sisterhood of ESPN. As in football, HWIT may or may not actually be about basketball.
Beginning Thursday (because tomorrow is Texas Independence Day – March 2 – a sacred day in the history of Texas) you can look forward to such insightful topics as:
- The Teams
- The Coaches
- The Brackets
- The Schedules
- The Mascots – Really? Your school’s mascot is a spider (Richmond) or a blue hen (Delaware)?
- CPR for Buzzer Beaters – Or Do Not Throw your Dammit Doll toward the TV or Do Not Through Your Computer Tablet Toward the TV while you are watching two games.
- A Critique of the Announcers – Welcome to Brent Mushberger. Now, please go away.
- Critique (read bitching) of ESPN for the Wrap Around in WBB
- The Texas Aggies
- The SEC Conference
- The Baylor Bears
- The Texas Longhorns
- The Big 12 Conference
- My favorite team is the women’s team playing UConn
And the most important one of all – Fashion – This will include, but not limited to:
- players’ uniforms,
- players’ footwear,
- coaches’ ensembles
- coaches’ footwear
Hair is a separate category – in basketball – it is all about the hair!
All of that and more. Let March Madness begin.
Sic ‘Em Lady Bears for winning the Big 12 Women’s Basketball Title last night.